A beginner’s guide to Thailand
Thailand’s capital Bangkok is one of the key commercial and travel hubs of Asia, but there’s a huge diversity of experiences as you explore beyond the capital city of this fascinating country.
Here are some of the highlights that you might want to consider adding to your itinerary.
- Iconic sights combined with a bustling city, and a vibrant nightlife.
- Visit during the annual Songkran water festival if you don’t mind getting wet.
- You’ll find a lot of the nightlife in the Silom precinct.
- One of Thailand’s most popular beach resorts.
- Visit during the annual LGBTQ Pride celebrations held in April.
- You’ll find Krabi on southern Thailand’s west coast – it’s a craggy shoreline known for its myriad of offshore islands.
- It’s from Krabi that you can access the Phi Phi Islands, and also Railay Beach.