The Male Gaze: The Boy is Mine
The Male Gaze: The Boy is Mine is a collection of short films exploring the desires of gay men.
The films featured in this collection are:
Directed by Rafael Ruiz Espejo.
In this film from Mexico, a lonely sock sees his chance when a sexy young man is in need of a helping hand.
It’s a charming film that reminds us of the allure of a naked man, and the lengths that we’ll go to in order to be close to our crush.
- WRITTEN BY: Rafael Ruiz Espejo
- CAST: Nathaniel Medina
Directed by Fuoco Maria Balduzzi.
In this film from the UK, Josh is a lonely young guy who has a mysterious encounter in the forest. He finds a connection that will help him discover his desires and build bridges with his father.
It’s an intriguing film that draws you in to the possibilities suggested within the sparse narrative.
- WRITTEN BY: Fuoco Maria Balduzzi, Joachim Neef
- CAST: Roly Botha, Jay Walker, Ryan Davies
Directed by Jerome Casanova.
In this film from France, Aurélien is drawn to Johnny – an unpredictable bad boy.
A watchable story, love-lorn Aurélien is someone we can all identify with.
- WRITTEN BY: Jerome Casanova
- CAST: Roman Kané, Julien Drion, Anaïs Thomas, Jéromine Chasseriaud
Directed by Anette Sidor.
In this film from Sweden, Philip gets the break he’s been searching for – a photoshoot for a renowned photographer, paired with an established model. Philip gets what he wants, but at what cost?
This is an intriguing story, exploring the dangerous cocktail of ambition, desire, and envy.
- WRITTEN BY: Veronica Zacco
- CAST: Hannes Fohlin, Karl-Henrik Franzén, Oldoz Javidi
Directed by Nicolas Jara.
In this film from the US, Manuel is figuring himself while trying to conceal his sexuality from his macho father. As things spiral out of control, Manuel’s mother finds a way to connect with her son and remind him of the power of love.
- WRITTEN BY: Nicolas Jara, Ksenia Firsova
- CAST: Carlos Flores Jr, Virginia Blanco, Connery Morano