Want to tell other queer people about what your employer is like to work for?
One of the biggest queer networks on LinkedIn is OutBüro. Dennis Velco, founder of OutBüro, has recently launched a new feature that enables LGBTQ employees to anonymously rate how queer-friendly their employer is.
The ratings capture many factors both unique to their LGBTQ work-life experience and general employee satisfaction.
According to OutBüro, 72% of LGBTQ employees in the US report mental health issues due to the work environment, often caused by and harassment. Today, even in the United States in many states it is still legal to discriminate against LGBTQ workers. Companies and organisations that create LGBTQ friendly work environment reap the financial benefits, according to many studies.
The difference between the ranking system used by OutBüro and other current employer assessments is that OutBüro is primarily driven by employee-generated reporting. All employers around the world are able to be reported – from small to mid-sized companies, to major corporations, government agencies, non-profit organisations, and educational institutions.
Some of the factors that LGBTQ employees are encouraged to assess and report on include:
- Sexual orientation non-discrimination policy
- Gender Identity non-discrimination policy
- Domestic partner benefits
- Transgender inclusive benefits
- LGBTQ employee resource group
- Requires same LGBTQ equality standard in contractors and vendors
- LGBTQ inclusion competency training
- Has same policies, benefits, resources and practices throughout the globe and subsidiaries
- Publicly demonstrates support for LGBTQ quality Globally, Nationally and Locally
- Appropriately leverages LGBTQ content in it’s marketing year round – not just Pride month
Employers can work with their employees by registering their listing with OutBüro.