Terms and Conditions for contributors to meanshappy
Please read these terms carefully. You are legally bound by these terms when you agree to supply content.
At the time of commissioning you and the means happy editor should agree main points of contribution, any terms (on some occasions this may include a fee to be paid or expenses) the deadline and any rights acquired.
A verbal agreement to commission or deliver content is sufficient. We will confirm the terms in writing either by email or phone.
If a contribution is rejected you will be advised as quickly as possible, if you don’t hear anything, please contact the means happy editor.
Moral rights and author credits
All Contributions are subject to the Moral Rights provisions of the UK Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time.
“Commissioned Contribution” means material created by you on the basis of a commission from us for transmission, publication or licensing by us. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes all original material produced by the contributor during and/or as a result of the shoot.
“Contribution” means material contributed to us – whether as a Commissioned Contribution or otherwise ordered in by or offered to us for publication, transmission or licensing by us. Contributions may appear in whole or in part in any size in any part of meanshappy or any Connexions IP platforms, in any section and on any platform.
“Means happy” means our digital network accessed via browsers and/or apps or any other means on any device or equipment including but not limited to desktop computers, PDAs, mobile phones and tablet devices and any other connected devices, and incorporating any affiliate or successor websites, digital/IPTV television, RSS feeds, social media presences, and any other website, app, digital product, network or channel bearing our trademarks or brands.
Delivery of contributions
All Contributions should be filed electronically. Delivery instructions are set out below and in our confirmations. If electronic delivery is likely to be impractical, you should mention this to your commissioning editor.
If you have any concerns in this area you should consult the meanshappy Editor before starting the assignment.
- a) to treat confidentially all documents and all technical, commercial, financial and other information which is obtained from Means Happy in connection with this Agreement or with the negotiations leading up to it; and
- b) not to disclose to any person, without the previous written consent of meanshappy, the existence of any term of this Agreement (other than terms already set out in the public domain by meanshappy) or the existence of any information about any dispute or disagreement between the parties; and
- c) to disclose such documents and information to third parties only so far as it is necessary:
- i) for the performance of this Agreement; and/or
- ii) to your professional advisers; and/or
iii) as required by law.
The obligations of confidentiality set out above shall not apply to any documents or information which you can show:
- a) at the time of their acquisition were in, or at a later date have come into, the public domain, other than following a breach of this clause; or
- b) you knew prior to first disclosure to you by meanshappy; or
- c) you received independently from a third party with the full right to disclose.
You hereby represent, warrant and undertake that:
- a) You shall not at any time do anything to bring meanshappy, or Gaydar brands, trademarks or reputation into disrepute; and
- b) You are entitled to enter into this Agreement and you are not bound by any third party restriction not to do so, including, but not limited to, the right and authority to license the intellectual property rights in and the use of your Contribution on the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement; and
- c) Your Contribution will be original and not copied wholly or materially from any other source, nor contain defamatory statements nor otherwise breach the privacy, confidentiality or other statutory or common law rights of any third-party; and
- d) You will ensure high ethical standards in providing your Contribution under this Agreement as part of which you shall be expected to inform meanshappy of any actual or potential conflict of interest arising from any engagement or contribution.
For the avoidance of doubt, you are not a “worker” as defined under the Working Time Regulations 1998 (as amended from time to time), and therefore you acknowledge that the provisions in those regulations relating to hours of work, rest breaks and annual leave do not apply to you.
You confirm for the purposes of the Taxes Acts, or such other appropriate legislation, that you are a self-employed person in business in your own right and you shall be responsible for all tax liabilities arising in respect of your engagement under this Agreement, and shall yourself account to the appropriate authorities for all tax, National Insurance or similar contributions payable in respect of the provision of your services to meanshappy.
If you would like to offer a contribution, please contact the meanshappy editor by email or social media, with a brief description of your idea.
Please do not send pictures or artwork unless we request them. We do not accept responsibility for any loss of creative.